We’d like to introduce you to James. James publishes a regional magazine in Louisiana – Country Roads. Beyond their award-winning editorial, James and his team also create beautiful events, know how to promote giveaways and overnight trips that are coveted by both reader and sponsor of the magazine, and Country Roads has built an enviable e-newsletter subscription list.
January Spring has partnered with James to help him achieve his core goals as a publisher:
- Reach new subscribers
- Drive event attendance and ticket sales
- Grow digital revenues, with complementary offerings to support his owned & operated
Our work with James, started by enhancing the best he has to offer:
- Native content – promoted to reach a look-alike audience. We help he and his clients reach current readers and potential future readers across the web, on social and on their mobile devices.
- Event sales and promotion – Whether it is an event hosted by the magazine, or an event hosted by one of their advertising clients, January Spring is sitting in the back office doing the marketing heavy lifting. We use a combination of targeted, programmatic display, social media and search to grow the attendance of their 80+ annual events.
- We have armed James and his team with best-of-breed advertising products that complement their owned and operated. In his region, James and his sales team have the opportunity to generate substantial, new revenue every month.
Adding revenue extension offers to your advertising tools box is the quickest path to new revenue and owning more of the digital advertising dollars spent in your market. Niche publishers, like James, are adding this offering because it is a natural extension of their magazine. Advertisers can reach those same coveted readers where ever they go across the web and on mobile.
Programmatic marketing is automated bidding on advertising inventory in real-time, for the opportunity to show an ad to a specific type of customer, in a specific context, or location. You can’t get any more targeted than showing your advertiser’s potential customer an ad while they are on their phone at a competitor’s location. Think of the possibilities!
- Increase brand exposure for your current clients, as a natural extension to your offering
- Target your client’s competitor’s locations, increasing their share of voice in the market
- Retarget customers who visit or commute through any businesses’ location
- Track off-line or “last mile” conversions to measure your advertising’s effectiveness
- All for a fraction the cost of Google Adwords
The results will speak for themselves. This type of advertising is fully transparent. You’ll be able to show your advertisers:
- The number of impressions delivered
- What geography, the geo-fences, competitive locations targeted
- The keywords used to deliver impressions
- The click-through rate
- And, the number of people who saw the ad, then attended the event, visited an advertiser’s location or acted on the ad
2019 is the year for double-digit, digital growth. What’s your plan to expand and grow your publication?